CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Group Workcamp-Brighton. What I learned!



For those of you who don't know me, I suffer from insomnia. I can generally fall asleep quite easily but frequently wake up sometime during the night and remain awake for several hours at a time. A snoring DH doesn't help matters much. When this occurs, I will spend my time praying or when the time lapse become too great, I will resort to reading a novel.

I am an early to bed (9:30-10pm) early to rise (5:30am) kind of of girl.

Work camp taught me a good lesson how to have a good night sleep with no insomnia. A person's day should consist of hard work, for the lord and worship. Because each work camp day included a healthy dose of each of these components, I never woke up during the night! Now to reproduce that at home!

1) Work Hard. Physical labor makes a body sleep all night through
Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58

2) Make time for Worship and Prayer daily (it not several times a day)
So if you worship me, it will all be yours." Luke 4:7

3) Eliminate distractions. At work camp I didn't have any access to e-mail, the Internet, television or newspapers. I had limited cell phone service. I had limited things (especially those that I could do nothing about like the state of the economy, the Gulf Oil Spill, Afghanistan)intruding into my thoughts
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught. Psalm 55:2

SO...if sleep eludes you, try my work camp remedy. Turn off the technology, clear your schedule of all but the MOST pressing items (your work, whatever that may be and daily worship). And let me know how well you slept!

Good night!

1 comments:

drtriplett

What a refreshingly true statement. I experienced the same measure of rest during work camp. Now I'm home and wishing I were still at work camp.

Thanks for being so refreshing.

Don

Post a Comment