CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

20 things to give up for Lent

20 things to give up for Lent

•Guilt – I am loved by Jesus and he has forgiven my sins. Today is a new day and the past is behind.

•Fear – God is on my side. In him I am more than a conqueror. (see Romans 8)

•The need to please everyone – I can’t please everyone anyways. There is only one I need to strive to please.

•Envy – I am blessed. My value is not found in my possessions, but in my relationship with my Heavenly Father.


•Impatience – God’s timing is the perfect timing.


•Sense of entitlement – The world does not owe me anything. God does not owe me anything. I live in humility and grace.


•Bitterness and Resentment – The only person I am hurting by holding on to these is myself.


•Blame – I am not going to pass the buck. I will take responsibility for my actions.


•Gossip and Negativity – I will put the best construction on everything when it comes to other people. I will also minimize my contact with people who are negative and toxic bringing other people down.


•Comparison – I have my own unique contribution to make and there is no one else like me.


•Fear of failure – You don’t succeed without experiencing failure. Just make sure you fail forward.


•A spirit of poverty – Believe with God that there is always more than enough and never a lack


•Feelings of unworthiness – You are fearfully and wonderfully made by your creator. (see Psalm 139)


•Doubt – Believe God has a plan for you that is beyond anything you could imagine. The future is brighter than you could ever realize.


•Self-pity – God comforts us in our sorrow so that we can comfort others with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.


•Retirement – As long as you are still breathing, you are here for a reason. You have a purpose to influence others for Christ. That does not come to an end until the day we die.


•Excuses – A wise man once said, if you need an excuse, any excuse will do.


•Lack of counsel – Wise decisions are rarely made in a vacuum.


•Pride – Blessed are the humble.


•Worry – God is in control and worrying will not help.




"Borrowed" from Micki's facebook post 3-3-2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment